COVID-19 ANNOUNCEMENT AND RESOURCES
We will reopen our doors for patient visits on Wednesday May 20th, 2020.20th, 2020.
Dear patients and parents,
We hope that you are staying safe and healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic. Even though our office has been closed for routine eye exams, we have been working hard to ensure your safety when we open up again. We strive to follow guidelines from the CDC, American Academy of Ophthalmology, and local public health departments. We understand that you may have concerns about infection control. Here are some new protocols that have been put into place for your next appointment:
- Telephone screening
- New check-in procedures/ additional screening when entering office
- Limited number of patients/guests in the office to allow for social distancing
- Changes to our waiting room
- Extensive cleaning and disinfection of exam rooms and common areas between patients
- True HEPA/UVC air filters throughout the office
- Telemedicine integrated into visits and for some non urgent matters
- Protective gear for staff
Preparing for your visit:
- Anyone with symptoms suggestive of COVID-19 will be asked to reschedule their appointment and referred to their primary care doctor or urgent care
- For all adult patients, please come alone
- For all minors, please schedule only 1 child per visit accompanied by only 1 parent or legal guardian
- Please wear a face mask to the office (children under 2 are not expected to wear a face mask)
You will receive more detailed information on what to expect as you confirm your appointment and at your visit.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our updated website. We have included resources for Coronavirus and eye health.
Thank you for entrusting us with your eye care. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can keep our office and community safe.
Dr. Breckenridge and the entire staff of Children’s Eye Care of Los Gatos
- Please limit your party to patient and one parent/legal guardian only
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have any symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing etc and consult with your primary doctor
- Please park in the parking lot behind office
- Wait in your car and call our office at 408-399-9009 - keep AC on
- Get patient packet and insurance card ready
- Put on your mask if you have one (required for over age 3+), face masks available for $3 each
- Your whole party will be screened in the car
- Check-in will be completed by phone
- You will receive a text message from one of the doctors in order to complete case history by phone/video
- When we are ready for you, please enter our office from the “back door” of the parking lot
- Your exam room has been thoroughly cleaned and disinfected for your safety
- Please try to limit speaking and touching any surfaces during the exam process, we will make sure to answer all your questions with Dr. Breckenridge during her phone consultation at the very end (you will see 2 doctors during your exam)
We thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation during these difficult times! Call us if you have any questions at 408-399-9009.
WELCOME TO CHILDREN'S EYE CARE OF LOS GATOS, INC.
At Children's Eye Care of Los Gatos, Inc our mission is to provide outstanding eye care to all children as well as adults with double vision and ocular misalignment. We are set apart by our personal attention to each patient, our consistent availability and our friendly office environment.
***WE ARE ACCEPTING NEW PATIENTS!***
Comprehensive eye exams for kids
Comprehensive eye exams for adults with strabismus/double vision
Comprehensive eye exams for adults and children with special needs and/or autism
Contact lens fitting and training for older kids and teens
Extensive color vision testing-D15
Medical treatment for amblyopia (lazy eye)
Medical and surgical management of strabismus (ocular misalignment)
Computer exercises for amblyopia and double vision
Nasolacrimal duct surgery for clogged tear ducts
Dry eye treatment (warm compresses and lid scrubs available for purchase)